Last week ASUS gifted me with their new launch item, Zenfone 2 Laser for reviewing. So after going through all the specifications of the phone, I am really happy with the same. First of all, the phone comes at a cost with features as below.
- Rs. 9999/- (5.5-inch/2GB RAM/16GB Storage/Quad-Core)
- 13999/- (5.5-inch/3GB RAM/16GB Storage/Octa-Core) in India.
The Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 is available in four statement colors — Pure Black, Ceramic White, Glamour Red, and Sheer Gold. It comes in three variants. All these have a 13-megapixel rear camera with real-tone flash, laser auto focus and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera and no button on the sides.
Talking about The look :
The Zenfone 2 Laser, has a slim beautiful smart outlook with 152.5 x 77.2 x 10.8 mm (6.00 x 3.04 x 0.43 in) dimensions. The phone is very light in weight, only 17grams or 6.00 ozs with duel sim(Micro-SIM, dual stand-by) & with Memory Card slot microSD, up to 128 GB & Internal 16 GB, 2 GB RAM facility.
Display of the Zenfone 2 laser is IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, 16M colors. Screen size 5.5 inches. Resolution 720 x 1280 pixels (~267 ppi pixel density) with Multi touching facility, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4 .
Software & The Specifications :
The ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 delivers superb high-definition (HD) 1280 x 720-pixel resolution. It offers 5 MP front camera and 13 MP rear camera with laser- assisted auto-focus that allows the consumers to lock the focus on an object in as low as 0.3 seconds.
With 3000 mAh Li-Polymer removable battery, the phone boasts of dual microphone with noise cancellation for the best phone call quality, and full HD video recording 1080p@30fps capture with video stabilization and one-touch still-capture facility.
ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 is powered by Android 5.0 Lollipop and offers 16GB of expandable storage in addition to 5GB of Asus web storage for a lifetime. The phone comes with Anti-Scratch Corning Gorilla Glass 4 which has better scratch resistance than any protection film for smart phones in the market. Dual-SIM, 4G LTE and Qualcomm 64-bit Quad Core Processor Snapdragon 410 are some of the other features.
There's plenty to like in the user interface, including improved security, customization in the form of what shows up on the quick settings bar, screenshot file format, and more. You can also set the camera to quick-launch on double tapping the volume key, and set gestures for launching certain apps even when the device is asleep.
The Camera :
The Asus Zenfone 2 Laser is named so because of its signature feature; laser-autofocus for the primary camera. The 13-megapixel rear camera is at the top center and is adorned by a dual-tone flash and laser, while the 5-megapixel front camera sits near the top-left corner.
On paper, the rear camera really stands out among the rest of the spec-sheet. This is the kind of camera configuration we're used to seeing on high-end devices.
Some Quick Important Features Of Zenfone 2 Laser:
1. The Beauty of the phone. The phone has Iconic Zen Design. Expressive concentric-circle texture -- front deco, power button, volume key. Each detail was meticulously designed, engineered & crafted.
2. The Esse1nce Of Simplicity (Simple & Powerful. Laser Focus, Dual Flash Light, Volume Key & Rare Camera)
3. Zenfone is Ergonomically Fit, that means smooth curvature provides a more natural grip.
4. Zenfone has incredibly thin edges, only 3.9mm thickness.
5. Every details counts in this phone.
6. Precise Craftsmanship. 0.4mm laser cut speaker holes for rich audio experience.
7 Zenfone has Premium Electroplating spin. 0.12mm specific pitch definition.
8. Color for luxury. New palette unveils premium metallic feels.
9. Iconic hairline. Preciously manufactured back cover metal effect.
10. Maximum viewing experience. Class-leading 72% screen to body ratio. Crystal clear display.
11. Clearer and vivid. 72% NTSC color range.
12. Full screen lamination with Asus true vivid technology.
Quick overview of the phone :
Overall Rating for the Zenfone 2 Laser 8.5/10
If you are on a budget and are not totally averse to OEM customization of Android, you should really give the Zenfone 2 Laser a look. Its strengths are in its value for dollar, the quality of its screen, UI performance, and overall camera experience. More importantly, though, my take is that it lacks a real killer flaw. And when you are shopping for non-flagships (and flagships, to be honest), there’s almost always that one thing that’s missing and turns you off entirely. For Rs. 9999/- nothing can be better than Asus Zenfone 2 Laser. So go for it.