Indian Style Light Chicken & Vegetable Stew
As now a days Dr. prescribed me to be on carb free diet, all food became nightmare to me. As a die heart food lover, this is really pathetic. So trying to make something really healthy but tasty meals for my poor tummy. Today made this 'Indian Style Chicken & Veggie Stew'. But this is not only for dieting, this is a very healthy for the patients too. As this recipe contains very less oil so good for the kids too. Just add hand full of Parboiled Rice & Musur(red lentil) Dal into the cooker while cooking this stew, will be great one pot meal for toddlers too. So here is the recipe...
Indian style chicken stew is a very healthy one pot meal, cooked in 1 tablespoon oil, lots of veggies & bite size chicken pieces.
Ingredients of Chicken Stew
- Chicken 400 gms, small pieces
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Bay leaf Or Tej pata 1, small
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Cardamom pods 1, crushed
- Cloves 2, crushed
- Green chili 1, broken into 2 pieces
- Garlic 1 clove, chopped
- Onion 1 small, chopped
- Vegetables, choppes carrots, green beans, red yellow green bell peppers, papaya, beet root
- Ginger, grated 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato 1 large, chopped
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
You may also like
How to make Chicken Stew Recipe
- Take the chicken pieces , wash and pat dry.
- Put the chicken in a bowl, marinate with some salt & turmeric and keep aside.
- Now take a pressure cooker, heat 1 tablespoon oil, add tejpata, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves fry for 2/3 seconds, add chopped garlic.
- Now add chopped onion & vegetables. Lightly fry them and add chicken to the cooker.
- Fry everything for 5 seconds. Now add chopped tomato, ginger, coriander & salt and stir everything.
- Add 3 cups water, some salt into the cooker. Close the cooker and cook upto 3 whistles.
- Turn off the heat, let the pressure release itself.
- When the pressure will be realesed open the cooker and again put the cooker on the heat.
- Let boil the stew for 10 minutes. Check the salt & turn off the heat and serve with Hard Toast Bread.
If you like this recipe, please go to my Facebook Page & hit the like button to get regular updates.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.57/5
No of likes - 488