Rohu /Rui Macher Kalia Or Spicy Rohu Curry
Rohu is a most used fish in West Bengal in daily meal. Bengali people never think about any special occasion without "Rui Machher Kalia". Here I'm sharing that authentic recipe which all of the Bengali people love. Rui Machher Kaliya is cooked in a very rich way. Most flavorful tasty sweet water fish is Rohu. This fish is from Carp family. The Curry should be very thick, rich, spicy & oily type. Goes well with Plain Steamed Rice.
This fish is from Carp family. The Curry should be very thick, rich, spicy & oily type. Goes well with Plain Steamed Rice.
Ingredients of Rui Macher Kalia
- Rahu/katla fish Or any carp 6 big pieces. The fish must be 2 kg in gross weight
- Onions 2 medium
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Ginger 1/2"long
- Tomato puree 1/2 cup or 2 tomatoes
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Kashmiri Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- 4 green chilies for garnishing
- Fenugreek seeds 1/4 teaspoon
- Radhuni or Celery seeds 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Clove 4 to 5
- Cardamom pods 3to 4
- Mastered oil 4 tablespoons
- Ghee 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
You may also like
How to make Rui Macher Kalia Recipe
- Clean the fish pieces and marinate them with half of the turmeric & salt and keep them aside for 10mins.
- Now grind the onion and extract the juice from the paste. Grind the ginger & garlic together. Grind the whole tomato to make the puree.
- Now heat the oil in a kadai and fry the fish pieces to the golden brown color. Now add the cinnamon, cardamom pods, cloves , radhuni & the meethi seeds for tempering to the oil.
- When they starts splattering add 1 teaspoon of onion paste and fry. When the color become golden add the juice of the onion and bring it to boil.
- When it's boiling add the ginger garlic paste. Boil it for 2 minutes. Now add the tomato puree. When the gravy becomes thick add salt & some water.
- Now add the fried fish and simmer the heat. When the gravy becomes thick remove it from heat. Sprinkle ghee on the top of the gravy.
- Garnish the kalia with the green chilies and serve it with steamed rice.
- If you like the recipe, then go to my Facebook Page and like my page for regular updates.
Recipe Review Details
Rohu /Rui Macher Kalia Or Spicy Rohu Curry Bengali
Recipe Rank - 4.68/5
No of likes - 1403